President Aquino to award top policemen and teachers in Malacañang Tuesday
President Benigno S. Aquino III will lead awarding ceremonies for the country’s top teachers and policemen in service in Malacañang on Tuesday (August 31).
The Chief Executive will confer gold medallions to the winners who were chosen by the Metrobank Foundation, the main proponent of the 2010 Search for the Outstanding Teachers (SOT) and the Country’s Outstanding Policemen in Service (COPS).
This year’s SOT awardees are:
A. Elementary Category:
- Grace U. Salvatus, Master Teacher 1, Municipal Sector Elementary School, Calauag, QuezonSpecialization: English
- Miladith B. Polutan, Master Teacher 1, Oroquieta City Central Elementary School, Oroquieta CitySpecialization: SPED
- Conchita A. Ibarondo, Master Teacher II, San Antonio Elementary School - San Antonio, Iriga CitySpecialization: Filipino
- Nancy S. Aquino, Master Teacher II, Mlang Pilot Elementary School, Mlang, CotabatoSpecialization: Filipino
B. Secondary Category
- Janeth Morata-Fuentes , Special Science Teacher III, , Philippine Science High School - Eastern Visayas Campus;Specialization: Chemistry
- Mercidita S. Villamayor, Associate Professor III, , Bukidnon State University;Specialization: Mathematics
- Estrelita A. Peña, Master Teacher I, Kabasalan Natonal High School, Zamboanga Sibugay;Specialization: Mathematics,
- Mercelita J. Labial, English Department Chair, Senior Faculty, Xavier University High School (Ateneo De Cagayan), Cagayan de Oro CitySpecialization: English Language & Literature.
C. Higher Education Category:
- Rowena Cristina L. Guevara, Professor VI, Specialization: Digital Signal Processing, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City;
- Raymund C. Sison, Full Professor VI, Specialization: Software Engineering, De La Salle University, City of Manila.
This year’s COPS recipients are the ff:
A. Police Commissioned Officers:
- PSupt Leo Manaog Francisco, Chief, Regional Police Intelligence and Operation Unit, National Capital Region Police Command, Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City;
- PSupt Florencio Teodosio Ortilla, Acting Chief, Regional Operations Division, Police Regional Office, Davao City;
- PSupt Noel Ruto Ponsaran, Regional Chaplain, Chaplain Service, Police Regional Office XI, Davao City; and,
- PSupt Sidney Navarro Villaflor, Chief of Police, San Jose City Police Station, San Jose City, Nueva Ecija.
B. Police Non-commissioned Officers:
- PO3 Edilberto Barabas Euraoba III, Public Information Officer/PoliceCommunity Relations, Negros Oriental Provincial Police Office, Camp F. Fernandez, Jr. Agan-an, Sibulan, Negros Oriental;
- PO3 Shella Mae Acanto Sangrines, Chief, Complaints and Investigation Section/Anti-Human Trafficking Desk PNCO, Regional Women and Children Protection Desk, Camp Martin, Delgado, Iloilo City;
- PO3 Zoraida Masillam Aripin, Chief, Women and Children Desk Investigator, Zamboanga City Police Station 9, Ayala, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Del Sur;
- PO3 Joey Valerta Castillon, Admin and Police Community, Relation Police Non-Commissioned Officer, Tobias Fornier Police Station, Tobias Fornier, Antique;
- SPO2 Hermie Soriano Raymundo, Chief Clerk Special Investigator, Provincial Investigation and Detective Management Branch, Pangasinan Police Provincial Office, Lingayen, Pangasinan;
- PO3 Roel Padernal Paclibar, Police Community Relations Non-Commissioned Officer, Tacurong City Police Station, Poblacion, Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao Province.
Expected to join the President in the awarding rites include: Dr. George S.K. Ty, Chairman, Metrobank Foundation; Armin A. Luistro, FSC, Secretary, Department of Education; Dr. Patricia B. Licuanan, Chairperson, Commission on Higher Education; Leila M. de Lima, Secretary, Department of Justice and Co-Chairperson, 2010 COPS Final Board of Judges; Jesse M. Robredo, Secretary, Department of Interior and Local Government and Jesus A. Versoza, Police Director-General, Philippine National Police. (OPS)